VISION & PRIORITIES
A Glendale that celebrates and preserves its history and architectural heritage to enhance the community today and in future generations.
The mission of TGHS is to celebrate and preserve Glendale's history and architectural heritage by:
- Advocating for the preservation of Glendale landmarks.
- Conserving the historic character of Glendale neighborhoods.
- Educating the public about Glendale history and architectural heritage.
- Engaging the community in celebrating and preserving Glendale's history and architectural heritage.
- Operating the Doctors House museum.
STRATEGIC PRIORITIES: 2020 Vision Plan
- Mills Act Benefits Extended to Historic District Properties
- Citywide Comprehensive Historic Resources Survey
- Environmental Analysis Consultants Selected by the City, Not the Developer
- Engaged and Informed Population of Real Estate Agents Who Understand What it Means to Live in a Historic District and Own a Glendale Register Property
- More City Preservation Planning Staff
- Paid TGHS Staff with Expertise in Historic Preservation
- More Active Role in Landmark and Historic District Nominations
- Robust Preservation Advocacy Fund
- Increase Membership to 1000
- Increase Diversity of Membership to Better Reflect Glendale’s Population
- Create Founders Legacy Society to Encourage Charitable Giving Through Estate Planning
- Enhance Sponsorship Levels and Benefits to Attract More Local Business Support